Surviving An Adelaide Winter – Best Kit & Accessories
With the streets littered with leaves and the icy early mornings it’s a great time to procrastinate about your commute or weekend ride. However there are some great ways to survive this time of year.
With more people taking to the car to get to work in the cold the bike is still the best way to get into the city and so BikeSA have asked two of our partners to put together a list of the top 5 Winter items to make sure you are warm and comfortable.
– 65 lumens for visibility from over 2kms day or night
– Be seen with balanced optics designed for 270 degree visibility near and far
– Two day-time visibility modes and two night modes
– Battery save mode at 5% life ensures a safe ride home with a depleted battery
– Comes with a quick connect bracket and USB charging cable
(Bike SA discount does not apply to this product as it is already on sale)
– Advanced Blackchilli compound for low rolling resistance, high mileage and maximum wet weather grip
– Vectran Breaker for unsurpassed puncture protection
– Top shelf continental quality
– Made in Germany
– Tried and tested technology
– Keeps your butt dry on wet roads
– Easy to mount requires no tools
– Fits every standard rail saddle, also with carbon rails
– Suitable for tire widths between 25-35mms
– For 700c wheel, fits 20mm to 25mm tires
– Stainless steel struts
– Lightweight polycarbonate
– Quick release design
– One-size-fits-all rubber straps
– Fits 20-35L bags
– Brightly coloured for maximum visibility
– PU coating and taped seams
Most important thing in winter is to keep that wind out and still give the rider good kit that breathes when the work rate goes up. Julian Carne Cycle Closet
For those that want to be seen check out the POC Avip version.
Cycle Closet stock a number of other versions for those that don’t connect with Orange!
Castelli make a bib short, a bib knicker (3/4 length), and bib tight in nanoflex which is wind and water resistant. Once you have tried them in winter you will never go back!!