Annual Tour 2017
The tour runs between September and October each year, and alternates between different regions across South Australia.
This year’s event will be held in Coorong and the Lower Lakes region of the Murray River, near Murray Bridge, from October 14-22.
The eight-day ride will be entirely on sealed roads, and with very modest distances on each day with no major hill climbs, the event will be suitable for riders of all capabilities.
Starting and finishing on the banks of the mighty Murray River, this year’s Annual Tour will kick off with delicious food and wine, gorgeous countryside, open skies and a mix of landscapes: there are open plains, rolling hills and scenic wetlands that support a multitude of birds and wildlife. River flood plains and vineyards give way to agricultural land and the vast waterways of Lake Alexandrina and the upper Coorong.”
Highlights of this year’s Annual Tour include:
- Start and finish the tour in the riverside town of Murray Bridge.
- Visit the renowned wine region of Langhorne Creek and savor a tasty drop or two.
- Experience the tranquil beauty of the Coorong on a 3 hour cruise on the Spirit of the Coorong.
- Visit the small Aboriginal community of Raukkan- the traditional home to the Ngarrindjeri people, on the shores of Lake Alexandrina.
- Enjoy the unique food and wine produce of the Coorong and Fleurieu region including locally sourced seafood, lamb and beef.
- A special finale with an overnight stay at Monarto Zoo open-range zoological park.
The event will be capped to 200 riders, and Bike SA is encouraging all riders who are interested to register as soon as possible.
Article courtesy of Joshua Matic, Cycle Lane Magazine